Dear friends and colleagues,
The General Assembly of the European Working Group on Acoustic Emission (EWGAE) has awarded the hosting of their next conference in 2014 to DGZfP, the German Society for Non-Destructive Testing, ten years after their hosting of EWGAE 2004 in Berlin.
The primary objective of EWGAE is the exchange of information on acoustic emission (AE) with particular emphasis on scientific and technical development.
It is the pleasure of EWGAE and DGZfP to invite everyone interested in AE, experts as well as beginners, scientists as well as practitioners, AE service providers as well as AE equipment manufacturers, to discuss latest developments at the 31st Conference of the European Working Group on Acoustic Emission (EWGAE) in Dresden, Germany in 2014.
Main topics of the conference will be
- AE testing (pressure vessels, storage tanks, pipes, etc.)
- AE monitoring (objects, machinery, processes, wear, etc.)
- AE and material behaviour (metals, polymers, composites, concrete, bones, wood, etc.)
- AE localisation of defects
- AE from corrosion
- AE from leakage
- AE in civil engineering
- AE in geology
- AE in transportation engineering
- AE in medical applications
- AE and tribology
- AE signal detection and processing
- AE equipment and software
- AE standardisation
We are looking forward to meeting you in Dresden.
Dipl.-Ing. Hartmut Vallen Dr.-Ing. Matthias Purschke
Chairman, EWGAE Managing Director and Member of the Board
German Society for Non-Destructive Testing